Nartok is a third person hack 'n' slay action adventure game.
The project, in it's current state, was developed within 4 months as part of a project-management-course at
The goal was to learn the process of Scrum
while making a game.
Our focus lied heavly on making the game look as good as we could, to show that even with Unity you can
produce AA(A) graphic fidelity, if you knew what you are doing. (Which we didn't.)
It was me and my 4 other teammembers biggest project by that time. So we were really overambitious and
naive, but we did learn much.
Winter 2017 - Spring 2018
Taken from our credits:
Game Designer, Programmer, Scrum Master, Technical Artist, Git Dude, Basic Level Designer, Admin
I was responsible for:
- All programming that was needed for the game
- The role of the
Scrum Master and leading our weekly Scrum Meetings
- Importing almost all assets from our artists into the engine
- Our Git repository and how that was structured and used
- The basic blockout for the level that made it into the release version of our game
Extensive knowledge of the Unity Engine, C#, Git, Game Programming, Game Design, Shaders and general 3D Art
knowledge to handle our assets.
We certainly did not reach the goal we set for ourselves. Maybe even calling it our minimum viable product
would be to much.
It's a techdemo at most. But I am very glad that we bit of more than we could chew. I learned so much
in so little time it's incredible. For example I learned much about the inner workings of Unity, about code
structure and about Unity's functionalities. Adding to that I learned much about project management with Scrum and
I definitly wouldn't have learned that much if we decided to make a game that is more reasonable to do in 4 months, like
a simple 2D platformer.
And now I am eager to apply all these new things I learned while working on my next projects! (e.g. my final
If you have any questions about the project, please hit me up! I would love to talk about what I
have learned and give you my personal post-mortem.
Download for Windows
- Unzip the folder called "nartok_build.zip"
- Execute "project-nartok.exe"
- Choose a resolution an press play!
- This game was designed to be played with a Xbox Controller. Mouse controls can be a bit
- To see the controls, enter a level and go into the pause menu.
- If you get lost, there is a map included in the download.
- (Turn left on the entrance of the forest.)
- Also, there is a screenshot mode. Activate it with F11 and take screenshots with F12. (They will be saved to your desktop.)
Go back to my other projects